Instagram has infiltrated the restaurant business, pushing it to be more photogenic, colorful, and trendy. With several Instagrammers and restaurants posting pictures of beautifully crafted meals every day, food has become an integral part of social networking. Restaurants have picked up on this trend and are focusing on becoming more ‘Insta-friendly’ or ‘Instagrammable’ by modifying their décor, lighting, and food presentation. From rainbow colored unicorn food and drinks to galaxy donuts, all are crafted keeping Instagram in mind. Physical spaces are being designed to bait Instagrammers, with expectation to inspire them to take maximum photographs and share them on social media.
With social media playing a crucial role in decision-making for diners, whether it is choice of food or restaurant, Instagram has become an indispensable tool for digital marketing for restaurants helping them to drive business and increase awareness.
- Location of restaurants (refer to the infographic):
- Bellota – A Spanish cuisine bistro in San Francisco, USA
- Media Noche – A casual dining restaurant in San Francisco, USA
- Peal’s Finest Tea – A tea café in Los Angeles, USA
- Seamore’s – A casual seafood restaurant chain across New York, USA
- Comodo – A casual dining restaurant in New York, USA
- Pez Playa – A beach-front bar and casual dining restaurant in Mallorca, Spain
- Dirty Bones – A casual dining restaurant chain across London, UK
- Sonic – A drive-in fast-food restaurant chain across the USA
- Zizzi – Italian casual dining restaurant chain in the UK and Ireland
- Chili’s – American casual dining international restaurant chain
- Starbucks – American/international coffeehouse chain